Friday, May 20, 2011

Pasta Carbonara

A few weeks ago the Hubster has to have collar bone repair surgery after a skiing accident. While I was staying home with him for a few days I saw my first episode of "The Kitchen Boss." Basically Buddy from the "Cake Boss," doing a cooking show on Italian food. Everything he made looked so good but I wrote down the recipe for his Pasta Carbonara because it looked so good and the Hubster was willing to eat it! (shock-cooking for a picky eater is terrible)


INGREDIENTS
1/2 pound of pancetta or bacon


1 cup grated Parmesan/Romano cheese


3 eggs

2 cloves garlic

Spaghetti



 
PREPARATION:
  1. Start a large pot of salted water to boil.
  2. Whisk together the eggs and cheese in small bowl. Start the bacon in a cold large skillet, turn up heat to medium and cook until browned and crisp. Add two cloves of crushed garlic to bacon while cooking. Meanwhile, start cooking the pasta. Have a large bowl ready for the pasta and sauce.
  3. When the pasta is al dente, quickly drain and place in the waiting bowl. Toss in the egg mixture. Scoop the bacon and toss to coat.


Boil the pasta-add oil so noodles will not stick
This is what the the sauce looks like before its added to the noodles- Combine the cheese-eggs and cooked pancetta (I substituted bacon)
This is the finished product



 Well this is the second time i have tried this recipe and Buddy's version came out much better. Looking back I would throw in some salt and pepper while tossing in the sauce. Also I think a little parsley on top of this dish would have been a nice addition. I think this whole meal maybe took 20 mins. The longest part was waiting for the noodles to be finished. Hope you enjoy!

1 comments:

StevenHWicker said...

I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today. BEST AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RECIPES