Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Things I have fallen in Love with...

 I'm linking up with Jamie for WILW

So I was gone for a little vacation for a couple of days at the lake. Pictures to come later of that little trip...
I picked up the Adele album for the car ride. I AM IN LOVE! I love her voice. She has written the biggest heartbreak album since Alanis Morissette. (Which I played out when I had my first heartbreak).



  There was not a single song that  I did not like. Something in her pain just ripped my heart out. Then I stalked the Internet for 20 mins trying to find a picture of the jerk who broke her heart...I was unsuccessful!

Here is the album cover

Here is a quick picture of the artist




Listen to that voice! uggh....love...love...love. Buy this album!


On another note... I recently read "Same kind of different as me." I bawled! I cried for the last 4 chapters. What a moving story. No wonder it made the New York Times best seller list. Put it on your summer read list. I almost never give a book five stars because I read a book every two days. I think that is saying something about this book. 
SIDENOTE: If you are on goodreads.com, let me know and i'll try and friend you!



Meet Denver, a man raised under plantation-style slavery in Louisiana in the 1960s; a man who escaped, hopping a train to wander, homeless, for eighteen years on the streets of Dallas, Texas. No longer a slave, Denver's life was still hopeless-until God moved. First came a godly woman who prayed, listened, and obeyed. And then came her husband, Ron, an international arts dealer at home in a world of Armani-suited millionaires. And then they all came together.

But slavery takes many forms. Deborah discovers that she has cancer. In the face of possible death, she charges her husband to rescue Denver. Who will be saved, and who will be lost? What is the future for these unlikely three? What is God doing?

Same Kind of Different As Me is the emotional tale of their story: a telling of pain and laughter, doubt and tears, dug out between the bondages of this earth and the free possibility of heaven. No reader or listener will ever forget it.

11 comments:

Catherine said...

ohhh, that books sounds like a great read! thank you for sharing.

i adore alanis, too! happy hump day, girl!

Ashley said...

I love Adele!! And I'd love to read a highly recommended book but if you cried the last 4 chapters I don't think I can do it. I'm such a big baby.. I hate when books/movies make me cry. 'PS I love you' took me a few years to be ready to watch and I have watched it a couple times and am crying through the whole movie and even after its over. It's sad.

Ashley said...

Ive gotta listen to that album! :) and would love to read that book ...if I can only get through the first book you gave me lol ... i. suck. at. reading.

Emily Weinzapfel said...

LOVE Adele! Your blog is so cute! Have a great Wednesday! :)

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

OMG I AM LOVING THE ADELE CD TOO! since i am going through a breakup, it is soooo fitting. that girl knows how to sing a song.

Becca {A Blonde's Logic} said...

I love Adele! Her voice is amazing!

becca
http://blondeslogic.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Adele is the perfect thing to listen to in a car ride! she's amazing.

Mere said...

LOVE Adele! :)
And I've never heard of that book...might have to check it out sometime!

Anonymous said...

i just found your blog and i LOVE it. also, that Adele album is IS good. it's been my favorite for months. her voice is just amazing. i'm def. following you!

agalandherdog said...

I've GOT to download that Adele album! Have a great day!

Katie said...

I seriously LOVE Adele's album! I can go through that album like twice in one day! My husband and I joke that I hear "turning tables" so much, that we have started using that phrase in our every day convo!