Friday, June 10, 2011

Coffee Cake Muffins

TGIF!
Happy friday everyone! I can't wait for the weekend. I thought I would let you all in on a recipe that I recently tried. I  was looking for a muffin recipe that was something better than just original blueberry. I called my aunt Dee Dee who is an amazing baker and she gave me this little gem to try. She's so sweet she even made this recipe before she recommended it to me to make sure it was a winner. These were a big hit and I do believe I ate more than I should of them : P
Coffee Cake Muffins
1 c. butter
1 c. granulated sugar
4 extra lg. eggs
1 c. sour cream
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

TOPPING:

1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 stick butter, melted

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour cupcake pan. Combine butter, sugar, eggs and sour cream. Beat at high speed until blended.
In second mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together. Gradually spoon dry ingredients into the sour cream mixture and beat at low speed until smooth. Fill each muffin pan halfway with batter.
Make topping by mixing together sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter with a fork. The topping should look pebbly. Sprinkle a little bit of mixture on top of each muffin.
Reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove and cool.


These are delicious! A+ for this recipe



0 comments: