Saturday, June 4, 2011

Tomato/Cucumber/Onion salad

TOMATO CUCUMBER AND ONION SALAD 
2 tbsp. oil
1 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. parsley
Peel and slice 1 medium cucumber thin
2 med. tomatoes (diced)
1 onion (sliced and separated into rings)
Combine first 6 ingredients in a jar. Shake well. Pour mixture over vegetables. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
 
 
I make this recipe in the summer pretty regularly. I love it! There are alot of variations on what to include but this has been my favorite so far. Some people add mint. Try it if you like the flavor. I'm sure some Oregano might be a great addition too! 
I got some fresh tomato from the farmers market this weekend. It was amazing so I'm posting the recipe so you all will be able to have it all summer long like I plan to. I would say if you are taking this to a cook out that I would double the recipe.

Have a great weekend everyone!

0 comments: